HelpNDoc includes two very powerful template systems which are used to fine-tune the look of the generated documentations: HelpNDoc will read the selected template's instructions prior to generating the documentation, and will adapt the generated output based on those instructions.
The two parts of the template system are:
- The CHM, HTML and Code template system which can control almost all aspects of the documentation generation for those formats. It is based on the Pascal programming language which is interpreted to define how the documentation is generated;
- The Word and PDF template system which can control the page size, layout and headings appearances.
The following topics cover in most depth specific templates for:
- Generating code - used to generate C/C++, Pascal, Basic... code to facilitate the integration of the generated help file with those programming languages;
- Generating HTML and CHM - almost all aspects of the generated HTML-based documentation can be customized using the template system;
- Generating Word and PDF - the template system can be used to precisely define the generated page size, layout, headings...