Note: This feature might not be available on all editions of HelpNDoc. Check HelpNDoc's feature comparison page to learn more.
Each build can include an unlimited number of post-build actions, which will be executed after the generation process for that build. Build actions contain the following properties:
- A name to uniquely identify the build action
- A description to optionally describe the build action
- Custom properties which are specific to each action types
Access the "Build actions" panel
Each build can have an independent list of build actions. To access the "Build actions" panel:
- From HelpNDoc's "File" menu, click the top part of the "Generate help" button to show the "Generate documentation" window
- Select a build in the build list
- Click "Customize" if the build customization tabs are not visible yet
- Navigate to the "Build actions" tab
Build action types
The following build actions can be created:
Build action type
Run a script using the HelpNDoc API. List of available properties:
Note: If both "Path" and "Content" fields are specified, the "Content" is used and the "Path" is ignored.
Show a message during the generation process. List of available properties:
Add a build action
To add a build action, click the "Add action" button, then choose the build action type in the list. The newly created build action is added a the bottom of the existing build action list.
Edit a build action
Once a build action is selected in the list:
- Click its checkbox to enable or disable it
- Click its name, then click "Edit Name" to edit its name
- Click its description, then click "Edit Description" to edit its description
- Change its properties in the "Action Properties" panel
Delete a build action
To delete a build action, select it then click the "Delete action" button.
Move a build action
Build actions are executed in order from top to bottom:
- To execute a build action earlier, select it then click the "Move Up" button;
- To execute a build action later, select it then click the "Move Down" button.