We are glad to announce the immediate availability of HelpNDoc 2.0 which includes lots of additions and enhancements, along with a brand new HelpNDoc web site. Let’s start with HelpNDoc 2 which features two brand new exporters: Microsoft Word and Adobe PDF documents can now be generated from HelpNDoc. We also added a find and replace by variable functionality and added a variable panel to simplify their use throughout HelpNDoc. We took a lot of time enhancing little details and much requested features, have a look at the detailed change log below. But that’s not all…
To celebrate the release of HelpNDoc 2.0 we are offering special discounts for both the standard and professional version. But it’s ending June 30th so hurry up and have a look at the online store section to know more about them. As always, HelpNDoc is free for personal use so don’t wait and download your version now.
Regarding the new web site, well… here it is! It is based on the popular Drupal CMS so it will be easy to update and enhance. One of the nice thing about the new web-size is that you can now subscribe to the HelpNDoc’s news feed to stay up to date with the latest news and updates. If you’d rather follow us on Twitter, that’s up to you!
Please don’t hesitate to let us know what you think about HelpNDoc or the new web site.
Version 188.8.131.52 – Release date: May 16, 2009
- Microsoft Word DOC and RTF export formats
- Adobe Acrobat PDF export format
- Find and replace now allows the replacement of text by a variable
- New variable kind: Topic title
- Main form's caption now include the currently opened file's name
- Added Variable panel in the topic editor: manage variables and quickly add them
- Added enum output to the Visual Basic code generation
- Better spell checking option dialog and various spell checking enhancements: New and improved UI for spelling and configuration dialogs; Greatly improved phonetic suggestions; Unicode dictionary support
- Enhanced HTML Export with a better table of content, Search engine optimization (SEO), old browser fallback...
- Better CHM unicode support
- RSS Feed reader in the welcome page to keep informed of HelpNDoc news
- "Purge HTML Files" is now saved with the project
- Download dictionary link was incorrect
- Anchors were badly displayed in the topic editor
- Mass update pictures' properties, new font selector with search capabilities and UI refinements in HelpNDoc 7.9
- Use snippets as topic templates, reuse topic content, automate topic writing and more in HelpNDoc 7.8
- Find and replace in script editor, single letter words support in HTML search engine, and more in HelpNDoc 7.7
- Analyze conditional content throughout your documentation using the fully redesigned project analyzer in HelpNDoc 7.6
- Customize HTML topic names for improved SEO, enhanced CHM decompiler and importer and more in HelpNDoc 7.5