HelpNDoc 2.3 has just been released and is ready for immediate download. This new version introduces floating images, enhanced PDF font embedding options as well as many enhancements and bug fixes including a 32-bit PNG image handling problem and reduced memory consumption.
Floating images in your documentation
You can now insert left or right aligned floating images within your documentation. Supported documentation generation include CHM, HTML and PDF. HelpNDoc 2.3 also introduces an upgraded image export algorithm for better image sizing in the final documentation.
PDF True-Type font embedding option
HelpNDoc now lets you fine-tune the true-type font embedding on your PDF documentation. Choose “full” font embedding to include all the used fonts, “subset” to only include used characters or “none” to never include any font. You can also specify an exclude list to avoid common or unlicensed fonts to be included in your PDF document.
Enhancements and fine-tunning
HelpNDoc 2.3 comes with a lot of improvements including an improved spell-checker, better 32-bit PNG image handling, improved memory consumption and much more…
Version 126.96.36.199 – Release date: Dec 9, 2009
- Added PDF font embedding configuration to control how the fonts are embedded in the PDF documentation
- Left and Right floating images support (only in CHM, HTML and PDF documentation)
- Text appeared with black background in the PDF option panel
- Variables were not always correctly substituted in PDF and Word documentation
- First implementation: PDF export now resizes images to fit in the content page
- Improved spell checker
- HelpNDoc program file and setup are now signed EXE files
- Improved memory usage
- Maximum picture size in dialog was too small
- Fixed 32-bit PNG image handling
- Analyze conditional content throughout your documentation using the fully redesigned project analyzer in HelpNDoc 7.6
- Customize HTML topic names for improved SEO, enhanced CHM decompiler and importer and more in HelpNDoc 7.5
- Inline table of contents, greatly improved HTML documentation generation and more in HelpNDoc 7.4
- Import Markdown documents, duplicate builds and customize library output path in HelpNDoc 7.3
- Generate Markdown documents, improved PDF rendering and new "force page break" option in HelpNDoc 7.2