We are glad to announce the immediate availability of HelpNDoc 4.1 which can be downloaded and used freely for personal and evaluation purposes. HelpNDoc 4.1 can now conditionally generate topics based on build tags, provides easier library item modification from the topic editor, better live-spell support as well as many other enhancements and bug fixes. Read on to learn more about this update and download the free version of HelpNDoc 4.1 right now.
Choose which topic is generated in your builds
HelpNDoc’s conditional generation system has been extended to support whole topics, giving the possibility to generate an infinite number of documentation variations out of a single project.
HelpNDoc’s very powerful build system was already able to be instructed to include specific parts of topics in the final documentation based on conditions. It is now possible to conditionally generate whole topics. This amazing feature simplifies, for example, the creation of help and manuals for targeted user groups without creating multiple projects: a build created for customers will show selected topics while another, targeted at developers, might include additional technical topics. Adding a topic to a specific build is very easy: right click and select which build will include that topic. That’s it! HelpNDoc will automatically include or not this topic based on build settings.
Enhancements and fixes
This update includes many enhancements and fixes: it is now possible to double click on a library item in the topic editor to edit its properties and use the live spell checker in the snippet and template editors. Support for touch screen has been enhanced while import of CHM and HTML files is now more robust regarding to image file names. Generated DocX files have better compatibility with older Microsoft Word versions and the user interface has been enhanced. Many other bugs and glitches have been fixed too.
As always, HelpNDoc is completely free for personal use and evaluation purposes so download your free version now to get started and experiment with this great update.
Version 184.108.40.206 – Release date: Nov 19, 2013
- Conditional generation of topics based on build kind and tags
- Double click on a library item in the topic editor to modify it
- Live spell checker is now available in the snippet editor and template editor
- Better support for touch screen in the topic editor
- Importing CHM and HTML files with encoded image file names didn't correctly import those images
- Importing CHM and HTML files with images with large file names could crash HelpNDoc
- Better Czech dictionary which can handle accented characters
- Better compatibility with Word 2003 and Word 2007 for generated DocX documents
- Better saving of tables in DocX documents
- Possible exceptions when editing the bottom part of a topic and with the find feature
- An exception could be shown when double clicking on an item in the find result panel
- An exception could be shown when searching in some projects
- Some German text labels were too small to display the whole text
- Better looking lists in welcome screen, recent projects and help pages with scroll bars when needed
- Editing a library item didn't correctly update the topic editor
- Easier assignment of custom topic headers/footers: when choosing custom, the popup menu will not automatically hide
- Topic kind popup will now check the current topic kind
- Code templates didn't respect topic visibility settings
Introducing HelpNDoc 8.9: Kickstart Your Documentation with New Project Starter Kits & Advanced Topic Filtering!
We are thrilled to present to you HelpNDoc 8.9, a beacon of innovation in the world of documentation authoring. At the forefront are the Project Starter Kits, tailored blueprints based on best …Read More →
Welcome to a new era of documentation authoring, where powerful visuals blend seamlessly with effective textual content to deliver top-notch user assistance. We are thrilled to introduce you to the …Read More →
Recreate Folder Hierarchies, Improved Mathematical Equation Editor, and Advanced Template Overrides in HelpNDoc 8.7
In the realm of technical writing, having robust, efficient, and user-friendly tools at our disposal is paramount. That’s where HelpNDoc shines. As a remarkable help authoring tool, it makes the …Read More →
HelpNDoc 8.6 Introduces a Powerful Non-Destructive Multi-Layered Image Editor to Enhance Your Documentation Workflow!
We are thrilled to announce the release of HelpNDoc 8.6, a major update that introduces a powerful built-in multi-layered image editor, designed to significantly enhance your documentation workflow. …Read More →