Add a custom logo to the project’s library
The library includes every reusable media elements (pictures, movies, documents…) available in the project.
In order to add the desired logo picture to the project’s library, a few simple steps are required:
- From HelpNDoc’s “Home” ribbon tab, in the “Library” group, click “Add item”
- Click “Add Picture”
- Click “Include file” to browse for the desired logo on your hard drive, or drag and drop it on the preview panel from the Windows Explorer
- Click “OK”
The logo is now part of your project and saved withing your HND project file. It can be used in any of the topics present in that project, as well as in custom build settings.
Customize HTML build settings
HelpNDoc can generate a batch of documentation builds from a single source. Each build can be customized for a specific company, product, target demographic…
Defining the documentation’s custom build settings is trivial in HelpNDoc:
- From the “Home” ribbon tab, click the top part of the “Generate help” button to display the “Generate documentation” dialog
- Select the build to customize in the list: “Build HTML documentation”
- Click “Customize” on the right if the customization tabs are not yet visible
- Navigate to the “Template settings” tab
To define a custom logo, simply select the newly included picture using the Logo field. The Logo link field can also be used to specify an URL to link to when the end-user clicks the logo.
Various other template settings are available for each builds such as fields to translate your documentation to other languages.
- How to setup and update pictures' properties throughout your documentation projects
- How to convert a Word document to a clean, responsive HTML 5 website
- Produce a Rich Text Format (RTF) file from your documentation project using the HelpNDoc help authoring tool
- Context sensitive HTML help and URL aliases for help topics in your HTML documentation web-sites
- 3 ways to speed-up hyperlink creation in your help file, user manual or eBook