Step-by-step guide: How to add a cover image to ePub and Kindle eBooks
ePub and Kindle eBook readers can use a cover image to display a representation of the eBook in its virtual library. It is easy to define that cover picture in HelpNDoc.
Place the cover picture you’d like to use in your library. It’s recommended that you use a .jpg or .png that is either 600x800 or 300x400 pixels.
See: How to add an item to the library
Click the top half of the Generate help button in the Home ribbon tab.
This displays the ‘Generate documentation’ window.
Select the ePub or Mobi/Kindle build you’d like to modify in the build list.
If the Template settings tab is not displayed, click Customize.
On the ‘Template settings’ tab, click Cover Picture.
This displays a drop-down menu of the images in your library.
Select the image that you’d like to display on the cover of your eBook.
Click Generate to publish your eBook.
This displays a summary.
Click the link to view your eBook with the new cover.
HelpNDoc makes it easy to create a professional looking ePub and Kindle eBooks by providing an easy way to define a cover picture. Readers of your eBooks will be able to quickly spot it in their virtual library.
- Generate EPub, MobiPocket and Kindle eBooks in HelpNDoc 3.5
- How to convert a CHM help file to an ePub or Kindle eBook
- How to convert a Word DocX file to an ePub or Kindle eBook
- How to download and install Amazon's KindleGen software
- Empowering Technical Writers: Harnessing HelpNDoc's Override Features for Unlimited Documentation Variations