Analyzing a project
Analyzing an HelpNDoc project provides a centralized way to obtain advanced details on the project structure and content. The project analyzer can be launched from the "Home" ribbon tab, by clicking the "Analyze project" button in the "Project" group.
The project analyzer can be used to get various information about the project, including:
- Paragraph, character, hyper-links and library item statistics
- A chart representing a visual overview of the project layout
- Hyper-links details and usage
- Anchors details and usage
- Library items usage and details
- Keywords usage and association details
- Spelling mistakes
The project analyzer can be started by clicking the "Analyze" button: it may take some time as it will analyze each topic to report useful information. When the project analyzer window is visible, it is still possible to modify the project in the background. However, any modification made to the project will not update the analyzer reports: hitting the "Refresh" button is required in that case.
Learn more about the project analyzer: