An image map is a special image with click-able shapes linking to topics, files or on-line content. It can be useful in multiple situations:
- Display a screenshot linking to additional information based on where the user clicks;
- Display a map linking to additional information based on coordinates;
Note: Image maps are only compatible with CHM and HTML documentation formats as well as some ePub readers.
Overview of the user interface
1. Library item name
Choose a unique name for that library item.
2. Commands and fields
Commands available for the image map library item:
- Insert / Replace file: Locate a file on the hard drive or a network location to
- Remove file from project: Remove the content of the file from the project
- Update image map: Show the image map editor to edit its click-able shapes
- Export file: Export the content of the file to the hard drive
- Convert to picture: Convert an image map to a picture. Note: This action can take time on large projects as it needs to analyze the whole project and convert every instances of this image map. This action can't be undone.
A preview of the library item is displayed. It is possible to drag and drop a file from a third party application such as the Windows Explorer into the preview to include it or replace the existing file.