What's new in HelpNDoc 6
HelpNDoc and its web-site are not available in Spanish.
Each topic can have a customizable status (by default "Complete", "For Review", "In Progress", "Out of Date" ) to quickly spot the part of the project which needs attention. Statuses can be used during generation to only generate topic with specific statuses.
Topics description field
A new "description" field is attached to each topic to describe or summarize it. The default HTML template uses that field to generate a HTML description tags for each topic thus providing better Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for the generated HTML documentation.
Topics custom properties
Topics can now have an unlimited number of custom key / values properties attached. Those properties are specific to each topic and can be used from templates or scripts to get additional information about topics or customize the generated documentation.
Find and replace by regular expressions and library items
The find and replace dialog has greatly been enhanced. It can now:
- Find using regular expressions;
- Find using library items;
- Abort lengthy operations;
- Find and replace content in text with multiple styles;
Enhanced user interface
HelpNDoc's user interface is constantly evolving to better serve technical writers and book authors:
- Every tree and grid now includes a find panel (accessible using the CTRL+F keyboard shortcut) to rapidly filter items;
- Various UI elements have been redesigned for clarity;
- Hidden scroll bars are now easier to use and won't hide the last item anymore;
- It now has better Per Monitor DPI awareness;
- The insert symbol dialog has been redesigned to support all Unicode characters;
Many bugs are fixed with each release as indicated in the "What's new" page. Some of them include:
- Image maps are now responsive when generated using the default HTML template;
- Better HTML and RTF import;
- Delete all selected library items at once;
- Updated vendor libraries (e.g. JQuery) in HTML template to remove any known vulnerabilities;
- Better Word table of contents generation;
- Enhanced WinHelp HLP file importer;
- And much more...