HelpNDoc's options can be customized by using the "File" menu then "Options" button. This shows the options window with various sections.
- Application language: choose HelpNDoc's user interface language. This requires a restart of HelpNDoc.
- Load and display RSS news: keep up-to-date with latest news about HelpNDoc as the RSS feed will be displayed in HelpNDoc's welcome page. This may trigger a Windows firewall warning as this requires Internet Access.
- Show ruler: displays or hide a ruler at the top of the topic editor for greater control over paragraph indentation, tabs and table cell sizes.
- Show the navigation bar with breadcrumb editor: displays or hide the navigation bar at the top of the topic editor.
- Automatically hide scrollbars: only show the scroll bars when the mouse is over the control to simplify the UI.
- Default HTTP server port: Specify the default settings for HelpNDoc's integrated HTTP server.
To generate some documentation formats, HelpNDoc requires external compilers. This section can be used to setup their path and download them.
Use this section to define the default custom path HelpNDoc will use.
- Default output path: define the default path where project output will be generated when no path is defined. Default is "My Documents\HelpNDoc\Output".
- Dictionaries path: define the path where custom dictionaries are stored. Default is "My Documents\HelpNDoc\Dictionaries".
- Projects path: define the path where projects are opened from or saved to the first time. Default is "My Documents\HelpNDoc\Projects".
- Styles path: define the path where the default project styles is placed. See Customize default project styles to learn more. Default is "My Documents\HelpNDoc\Styles".
- Templates path: define the path where custom templates are located. Default is "My Documents\HelpNDoc\Templates".
Some keyboard shortcuts can be customized. Select a keyboard shortcut in the list and:
- Use the "Edit" button to customize it
- Use the "Reset" button to reset it to its default value
Use the "Reset" button to reset parts or all options. Note: some reset actions require a restart of HelpNDoc. Available reset options are:
- Reset History: Clear the history of recently opened projects, folders and HTTP server's served folders;
- Reset Forms, Panels and Toolbars: Clear save forms, panels and toolbars size and position and toolbars customization;
- Reset General Settings: Reset the "General Settings" tab to its default values;
- Reset Compilers: Reset the "Compilers" tab to its default values;
- Reset Custom Paths: Reset the "Custom Paths" tab to its default values;
- Reset Keyboard Shortcuts: Reset all keyboard shortcuts to their default values;
- Reset Everything: Reset all HelpNDoc settings and options to their default values;